The International Harvester "Comfo-Vision" Cab Features
(Source: International Light Duty Trucks, International Harvester Co., Publication CR-485-C)
- Safe, all-steel cab combines new styling with proved comfort and durability.
- One-piece, curved, rubber-mounted Sweepsight windshield gives un-obstructed front view. Narrow corner posts minimize blind spots. Green-tinted, non-glare safety glass optional.
- Wide twin rear windows, big door windows for safe, all-around vision. Bigger, sturdier, heavy-duty door hardware.
- Curved-contour instrument panel affords more room, easier reading of instruments. Two instrument clusters for quick reading or reaching, greater safety.
- Long-arm, rear-view mirror rigidly mounted to cowl.
- Deep, comfortable, well-cushioned seat has deep coil springs.
- Special bottom board on seat traps air momentarily, air cushions body until springs take over.
- Fingertip lever moves seat forward and backward four inches in all. In addition, seat rises as it moves forward to give short drivers improved vision and greater comfort.
- Extra-large cowl ventilator, easy-to open safety glass ventilating windows provide ample fresh-air supply.
- Large - diameter, heavy - section, three-spoke steering wheel provides natural, comfortable grip.
- Live-rubber cab mountings insulate cab and driver from chassis.
- Convenient ignition - key starter switch on instrument panel.
- Special panel simplifies radio installation.
- Utility compartment — 9 3/8 x 13 x 4 1/2 inches — holds business forms, bills, invoices without folding.
- Inside door panels easily removed for servicing door mechanisms.
- Durable Tile Red, leather-grained, plasticized fabric upholstery wipes clean with damp rag.
Glass for Your Comfo-Vision Cab
With the exception of the windshield, the glass for your cab is flat and can be replaced at any reputable glass company. The windshield, on the other hand, is a different story. We've been able to scrounge up the part number for the windshield that should allow you to get quotes on replacement. The part number is "DW-142", which fits L, R, and S-series (NOT the '78 and newer S-series) from 1950 (late 1949 production) through the end of the production run of the Comfo-Vision cab. DW-142 does NOT fit the narrowed steel-hauler cab, but it fits virtually every other L, R, and S series thru 1957, as well as the R and V-series trucks through about 1970. You should be able to contact larger glass companies with this number and get quotes for replacement glass.